Wednesday 27 August 2008

Scritti Politti putting their album release date back


Having been a long-time admirer of the works of Mr Green Gartside, from Skank Bloc Bologna onwards in fact. I always used to love the frequent sightings in the music press of news of the latest release from pop's post-modern master of deconstruction. The date would be logged away and as it approached I would build myself for the inevitable rejection at the hands of the record shop assistant.

A sample conversation would go something like this;
"Hi, have you got the new Scritti Politti album?"
"Nah, the release has been delayed, record company don't know when it's coming out"
"Ok, thanks"

Now of course, being firmly entrenched down under, no point in asking the record assistant a) because they won't know what I'm talking about and b) I can get disappointed online. Green had promised a flurry of activity for 2008 after the joyous success of 'White Bread, Black Beer' and as of today, nothing, nish, nada!

Oh, I do miss Old England!

No comments: