Monday 28 March 2011

Dreams

When I was younger and living on the other side of the world. I would dream I was flying above my home town. Skimming from rooftop to rooftop (Sans Umbrella). I can still clearly recall looking down on to Langney roundabout and over to the Catholic Church and then back down Pevensey Bay Road.

According to a dream dictionary...

You first start dreaming of flying when you are 3 to 5 years old. It is a very common dream, though less prevalent in adults. More than one third of the dreaming population has dreamed of flying one time or the other.
* Flying dreams have a positive link with relief from tension and nightmares.
* Lucid dreamers tend to have twice as much of flying dreams.
* An intense emotional condition can also trigger off a flying dream
* The dreams are not exclusive to the post flying machines era.
* They feature in dream books of Babylonian and Egyptian civilizations.
* Creative thinkers have more flying dreams


Stuff and nonsense? It may well be, dream interpretations always seem to come back to the same themes. All I know is that I used to like it when I could fly!

No comments: