Monday 2 October 2023

The Language of Pop - #2

Poison Arrow - ABC
If I were to say to you, "can you keep a secret?"Would you know just what to do or where to keep it?Then I say, "I love you", foul the situationHey girl, I thought we were the right combination
Who broke my heart, you did, you didBow to the target, blame Cupid, CupidYou think you're smart, stupid, stupid
Shoot that poison arrow to my heartShoot that poison arrowShoot that poison arrow to my heartShoot that poison arrow
No rhythm in cymbals, no tempo in drumsLove on arrival, she comes when she comesRight on the target but wide of the markWhat I thought was fire was only the spark
The sweetest melody Is an unheard refrainSo lower your sights, yeahBut raise your aim, raise your aim
Who broke my heart, you did, you didBow to the target, blame Cupid, CupidYou think you're smart, stupid, stupid
Shoot that poison arrow to my heartShoot that poison arrowShoot that poison arrow to my heartShoot that poison arrow
I thought you loved me, but it seems you don't care
I care enough to know, I can never love you
Who broke my heart, you did, you didBow to the target, blame CupidYou think you're smart, that's stupidRight from the start when you knew we would part
Shoot that poison arrow to my heartShoot that poison arrowShoot that poison arrow to my heart, heart, heartShoot that poison arrow
HeartShoot that poison arrowShoot that poison arrow


Songwriters: Mark Andrew White / Mark Christopher Lickley / Martin David Fry / Stephen Barry Singleton
Poison Arrow lyrics © Sony/ATV Music Publishing LLC

No comments: