Thursday 5 October 2023

The Language of Pop #3

Tracks of my tears - Smokey Robinson & The Miracles

Tu do do do, tu do do do, tu do do do, tu do do do do do doPeople say I'm the life of the party'Cause I tell a joke or twoAlthough I might be laughing loud and heartyDeep inside I'm blueSo take a good look at my faceYou'll see my smile looks out of place
If you look closer, it's easy to traceThe tracks of my tearsI need you (need you), need you (need you)Since you left me if you see me with another girlSeeming like I'm having funAlthough she may be cute
She's just a substituteBecause you're the permanent oneSo take a good look at my faceOh, you'll see my smile looks out of placeIf you look a little bit closer, it's easy to traceOh, the tracks of my tears
Oh, I need you (need you), need you (need you)Hey yeah, outside I'm masqueradingInside my hope is fadingJust a clown oh yeahSince you put me downMy smile is my make up
I wear since my break up with youBaby, take a good look at my faceOh, you'll see my smile looks out of placeYeah, just look closer, it's easy to traceThe tracks of my tears, baby baby, baby, baby, baby, babyBaby, take a good look at my faceYeah, you'll see my smile looks out of placeOoh, look a little bit closer, it's easy to trace


Songwriters: Marvin Tarplin / Smokey Robinson / Warren Moore / William Robinson Jr.
Tracks Of My Tears (Original Artist re-recording) lyrics © BMG Rights Management, Capitol CMG Publishing, Iricom US Ltd, Sony/ATV Music Publishing LLC, Warner Chappell Music, Inc

No comments: